Saturday, April 3, 2010
lsass.exe Manual Detection
Below are manual removal instructions for lsass.exe so you can remove the unwanted file from your PC. Always be sure to back up your PC before you modify anything.
Note: This manual removal process may be difficult and you run the risk of destroying your computer.
Step 1: Use Windows File Search Tool to Find lsass.exe Path
1. Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
2. In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in " lsass.exe" file name(s).
3. To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
4. When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of " lsass.exe", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete lsass.exe in the following manual removal steps.
Step 2: Use Windows Task Manager to Remove lsass.exe Processes
1. To open the Windows Task Manager, use the combination of CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
2. Click on the "Image Name" button to search for " lsass.exe" process by name.
3. Select the " lsass.exe" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
Step 3: Detect and Delete Other lsass.exe Files
1. To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start > Run > cmd and then press the "OK" button.
2. Type in "dir /A name_of_the_folder" (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will display the folder's content even the hidden files.
3. To change directory, type in "cd name_of_the_folder".
4. Once you have the file you're looking for type in del "name_of_the_file".
5. To delete a file in folder, type in "del name_of_the_file".
6. To delete the entire folder, type in "rmdir /S name_of_the_folder".
7. Select the " lsass.exe" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
Certain file extensions come from parasite applications. If you decide to remove unknown file extensions manually, you might do irreversible harm to your PC. We highly recommend you use a good spyware cleaner/remover to automatically track lsass.exe as well as other spyware, adware, trojans, and virus threats in your PC.
Labels: lsass.exe Manual Detection
Labels: antivirus 360, antivirus removal, free virus removal, lsass exe virus remover, lsass remove virus, microsoft antivirus, removal tool, spyware removal, tool removal, trojan removal, virus removal
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]